30 December 2011

Looking Forward to 2011

So, where am I going? What am I resolving to do in 2012? What do I want most in this coming year?

I'm going to school in a couple of weeks! After 15 years of talking about it, I'm going to finally do it. I want to continue my search for a new job (part time). I'll be volunteering more at the Humane Society. And, hopefully, I'll be able to keep up on everything else.

My resolutions are as follows:

  • I want to lose more weight, walk more, and use the gym at school to get in better shape. I have no real specific weight loss goal. Maybe another 20 lbs? But I want to be in better shape, get toned up more, and look/feel better.
  • I want to get at least a 3.5 GPA and hopefully make honors at school. I want to apply myself like I didn't do in high school, and actually be proud of my academic accomplishments.
  • I want to get out of the habit of being negative about myself all the time. I want to be more positive and treat myself as well as I treat other people. I want to treat other people as well as I want them to treat me.
  • I want to get out and appreciate life more. I want to appreciate all the things I have, and all the things that are ahead of me. 
  • I want to (along with J) compile a cook book of all of our recipes, so they are in one place. I want my family recipes, his family recipes, and the recipes we've made documented so we can share them with future generations.
  • I want to write more, and document more of the joys of this life I have now. My quest is never complete, and I want to remember the positives. Too many of my old blogs, journals, status updates, and such are negative, melancholy, and mopey. I want to remember the beauty of my life, not the vomited sadness that I wrote yesterday.
  • And finally, I want to spend less time online and in front of screens. I want to spend more time doing things that are worthy, that I need to do, or that will get me moving a bit more.
And what do I want most in the coming year? There is something, but I'm not going to say what it is. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment